SIGN THE PETITION AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS PAGE TO SHOW SUPPORT.
- Philly will Enter National Request for Proposal (RFP) Process for Amazon Headquarters 2 (H2Q)
- PhillyTech Launches ThinkBigPhilly.com and the “Bring Amazon to Philly Petition” with a goal of 1M Signatures
PHILADELPHIA—Sept.12, 2017– (NASDAQ: AMZN) is looking for a city to set up a massive new $5-billion, 50,000-employee campus and Philly is joining the race to send them a proposal by the October 19th, 2017 deadline. Bringing Amazon to Philadelphia would be transformational and a catalyst for major positive change that would benefit everyone throughout the region. Amazon estimates its investments in Seattle from 2010 through 2016 resulted in an additional $38 billion to the city’s economy – every dollar invested by Amazon in Seattle generated an additional 1.4 dollars for the city’s economy overall.
Philadelphia Mayor Jim Kenney is leading a team to submit a proposal to Amazon by October 19th, 2017 and has the support of Gov. Tom Wolf and many local leaders. We all need to ban together and show Amazon how we would like them to move to the Greatest City in the World – Philadelphia. Our goal is 1 Million signatures on this petition that we can give to Mayor Jim Kenney to send along with our bid to Amazon.
“Even though Amazon is one of the largest eCommerce and Tech companies in the world, this doesn’t mean that 50,000 jobs will only be tech and engineering positions. Many Philadelphians will have the opportunity not only to work for Amazon, but also be a supplier of products and services to them. We need TO focus on the positives and think big! We want to help send a positive message to Amazon and include 1,000,000 signatures with our Bid to bring amazon to philly.”
– Michael C. Bertoni – Founder & CTO – PhillyTech
We have a lot to be proud of in Philadelphia and are the perfect home for Amazon.
- 1ST in millennial growth rates
- 1ST in housing value and opportunity among top metros, according to the National Association of Home Builders
- 2ND lowest office rental rates among top metros
- 3RD largest metro in the Northeast, with $432 billion in Gross Regional Product
- 4TH largest media market
- 5TH largest population, with 6.3 million people
- 6TH largest workforce of just over 3 million, including highly skilled talent in key industries: life sciences, energy and manufacturing, technology, financial services and more
Quality of Life
- One of the lowest costs of living among large metropolitan statistical areas (MSAs) including Boston, New York, and Washington, D.C.
- Housing prices are lower here than in most other large metropolitan statistical areas (MSAs) including Boston, New York, and Washington, D.C.
- Named one of the TOP 10 PLACES TO RELOCATE to in the U.S. by The Huffington Post (April 2015).
- MILLENNIAL POPULATION HERE IS GROWING AT A FASTER RATE THAN IN ANY OF THE NATION’S 30 LARGEST CITIES.
- Public school systems, AWARD-WINNING PRIVATE SCHOOLS and some of the finest colleges and universities in the nation.
- Easy commute, with AWARD-WINNING TRANSIT SERVICES.
- 6 OF OUR 11 COUNTIES ARE IN THE TOP 100 WEALTHIEST COUNTIES IN THE COUNTRY: Burlington, Gloucester, and Mercer Counties in New Jersey; and Bucks, Chester, and Montgomery Counties in Pennsylvania.
- STRATEGICALLY LOCATED BETWEEN NEW YORK CITY, THE NATION’S FINANCIAL HUB, AND WASHINGTON, D.C., the legislative and regulatory center of the U.S.
- AT THE CORE OF THE COUNTRY’S WEALTHIEST AND MOST-DENSELY-POPULATED REGION — 46 MILLION PEOPLE live within a 200-mile radius, with a combined income of $1.46 TRILLION.
- 11 COMPANIES ON THE FORTUNE 500 LIST ARE HEADQUARTERED IN THE REGION, and on the Fortune 1000 this list expands to 33.
- Two Class 1 freight railways.
- Convenient access to the world via I-95, I-80, I-78, and the NJ and PA Turnpikes.
- Three major ports.
- Philadelphia International Airport is served by 25 AIRLINES offering 525 daily departures to 130 NON-STOP DESTINATIONS and 37 INTERNATIONAL DESTINATIONS.
- 60% OF THE U.S. POPULATION IS WITHIN A TWO-HOUR FLIGHT.
- 104 COLLEGES AND UNIVERSITIES IN THE REGION, with 440,000 STUDENTSand 90,000 DEGREES AWARDED ANNUALLY
- THE NATION’S #1 ONLINE MBA PROGRAM according to U.S. News & World Report 2015 — Temple University’s Fox School of Business
Innovation and Entrepreneurship
- PHILLY NAMED A TOP TEN REGION FOR VENTURE CAPITAL by the National Venture Capital Association.
- Life Sciences Yields $24.6B for the Greater Philadelphia region and $6.3B in investments are woven into economic fabric.
- Comcast Center for Technology and Innovation is planned to be completed and launched in 2018.
- Top Tier Startup Accelerator Techstars will be launching alongside Comcast in 2018.
- We have many Leading Accelerators, Business Incubators, Coworking Spaces and Resources for Businesses.
Sign Petition Now to Bring Amazon to Philly - @ThinkBigPhilly #ThinkBigPhilly
This petition is now closed.
End date: Oct 19, 2017
Signatures collected: 562
Signature goal: 1000000